Proposed Autumn Courses 2019
We have many exciting courses beginning this Autumn.
AURICULAR ACUPUNCTURE (EAR ACUPUNCTURE).
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO READ MORE
About Mayfield Community Adult Learning Project (CALP):
Mayfield CALP was established under the auspices of Mayfield CDP Ltd in 1990.
C.A.L.P. has 3 main aims:
- To encourage and assist local adults to take up opportunities for further lifelong learning.
- To enable local people to become actively involved in their own learning and self-development, this will impact positively on family and community life.
- To provide a long term strategy for adult learning needs in the Mayfield community.
“C.A.L.P as a voluntary organisation responds to identified needs, motivates and supports adults to participate in learning programmes as a means of developing themselves and their community in an open friendly environment.”
C.A.L.P. is an innovative project, which acts as a first contact and/or stepping stone for adults who have been excluded for one reason or another from the educational system. Through courses and organisational structures and the use of community development/education methods of working, participants develop their self-confidence and start looking at educational/training opportunities in their own journey of lifelong learning. Participation in the project not only benefits the individual but also creates a multiplier effect where benefits accrue to family and community life. The project places emphasis and time on the ‘hand holding’ and personal support which is critical for adults who return to education and learning in a community setting.
A voluntary management committee comprising of past participants of C.A.L.P. courses meet on a monthly basis to oversee the work of the project. Additionally a representative from this committee sits on the voluntary management committee of Mayfield CDP Ltd who managed the overall project.
Courses on offer:
Beginner’s computers with internet & email
Word Processing Level 3N0588 QQI
Computer Applications Level 4N1112 QQI
New ECDL modules (version 6)
An introduction to Social Media
Applying for a Job Online
Foundation Programme (personal development course)
Basic First Aid
Occupational First Aid Level 5N1207 QQI
Basic Gardening Course
There is also an opportunity to run other short courses if the need is identified.
Key elements of courses:
- Small group numbers
- Low cost
- Childcare available in adjacent Rainbow facility.
- Courses run from September to December and January to June each year.
- Courses are dependent on numbers and funding allocated.
- Courses are funded by the Cork Education & Training Board (Cork ETB) and some accredited courses are funded by the Cork City Partnership Ltd (CCP).
This project is funded by the Cork Education & Training Board from the Department of Education & Science and is part of the Mayfield Integrated Community Development Project Ltd. C.A.L.P. is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications.