Mayfield Community Adult Learning Project (CALP):
Mayfield CALP was established under the auspices of Mayfield CDP Ltd in 1990.
C.A.L.P. has 3 main aims:
- To encourage and assist local adults to take up opportunities for further lifelong learning.
- To enable local people to become actively involved in their own learning and self-development, this will impact positively on family and community life.
- To provide a long term strategy for adult learning needs in the Mayfield community.
Courses on offer:
There is also an opportunity to run other short courses if the need is identified.
Key elements of courses:
- Small group numbers
- Low costChildcare available in adjacent Rainbow facility.
- Courses run from September to December and January to June each year.
- Courses are dependent on numbers and funding allocated.
- Courses are funded by the Cork Education & Training Board (Cork ETB) and some accredited courses are funded by the Cork City Partnership Ltd (CCP).
This project is funded by the Cork Education & Training Board from the Department of Education & Science and is part of the Mayfield Integrated Community Development Project Ltd. C.A.L.P. is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications.